I’ve had my serviced apartment for three years now.
I started by listing on both Trip Advisor and Air BnB. I found Trip Advisor difficult to manage, and it didn’t sync with my Air BnB calendar… apparently it only updates every 12 hours. On one fateful occasion I had two guests book at the same time and Trip Advisor charged me to cancel the booking, so I cancelled the listing as I didn’t want that to happen again.
Trial and error hey!
I started off slow, check the graph below! I launched in January 2016 and it was a steady climb.
My income is now at £30,000 a year from this one two bed flat which is 2.5x the amount that I would get as a single let…
- Presentation is key! You need to make the property look beautiful, add homely touches to make it look liveable (paintings / books / throws / cushions)
- Have fabulous, bright photo’s taken – Air BnB may be able to do this for you, or hire a photographer
- Make the title description appealing – use words such as cosy / modern / sleek + it’s location – close to city centre / secluded rural location
- Aim to get 5 x 5* reviews to start with. Price low, over deliver – the reviews will get guests looking at your listing
- Respond quickly to messages (within 24 hours), be helpful with check ins, provide local knowledge so guests know the best places to go
- Keep an eye on competition and change your prices depending on demand – Air BnB do this for you if you turn on smart pricing
- Hire great cleaners who will change lightbulbs, do small maintenance jobs and let you know if there is anything wrong
- Get an Amazon prime account so you can do same day / next day delivery for free to your cleaners so they can replace any items
- Install a lock box to the outside of your property – check ins / check outs are easy!
- Tip of advice – Air BnB bookings start slow, but once you’ve got those reviews coming in you will get bookings thick and fast.
Use these tips and you will be able to start building the same from your property! Want to take this info a step further? Listen to my podcast on Air BnB: Pro’s and Con’s.
Comment below, what’s the most useful tip for you? Or, can you add anything to these tips?
P.S Remember to use the buttons on the left to share this on your favourite social media platform!