Today I’ve got Christine Garvey on the podcast which I’m very excited about, Christine is an artist, teacher and coach and got my attention when she hosted a scarcity workshop back in December!
I knew it was something that would really resonate with my audience because it made me think ‘oh wow I see this everything single day and I even feel it!
Christine Garvey is an artist and coach based in Austin, TX. Her creative work has been recognized with a Fulbright Research Grant, an Austin Community Initiatives Award, and a Fellowship from Concordia University Montreal.
Since 2010 she has been a faculty member at institutions like University of Texas at Austin, Florence University of the Arts, and Pioneer Works Center for Art and Innovation.
She writes and speaks about ideas that impact artists, including scarcity and financial stability. Her work has been featured in Big Medium’s Creative Standard, The Creative Independent, and Brooklyn Magazine.
>>You can find more about Christine here: www.christine-garvey.com
Here’s the book Christine recommends: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scarcity-True-Cost-Having-Enough/dp/0141049197/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=scarcity&qid=1582836514&sr=8-1
Questions we go through:
- What is a scarcity mindset?
- Why does a scarcity mindset show up?
- I’ve seen scarcity mindset show up in property investors over knowledge, time, right location, not feeling good enough, not having the right lifestyle, finances… is that a normal feeling?
- Why is a scarcity mindset such a big problem?
- Are there standard triggers that can cause a scarcity mindset?
- What is the opposite feeling of scarcity?
- What tools can investors use to turn the scarcity mindset around?
Enjoy the podcast and if you loved what we have recorded, please give up a 5-star review!